|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||2.75||Fields of Studies:||Anthropology, Art, Biology, Business Administration, Chemistry, Communications, Computer Science, Cultural Studies, Ecology, Economics, Education, Engineering, Environmental Studies, Film, Geography, Health Sciences, History, International Relations, Journalism, Law, Literature, Marine Science, Mathematics, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, Studio Art, Theater Art|
|Language of Instruction:||English||Experiential Learning:||URI Affiliated Program|
|Class Standing:||2. Sophomore|
Don’t get the wrong idea about this laid-back beachside city – there’s more than surfing happening here. At the University of Wollongong, researchers are fabricating new materials, recreating Neanderthal communication methods, and investigating why an Australian marsupial is extinct. Take cutting-edge classes with some of these fascinating professors, and experience Australia’s one-of-a-kind wonders beyond campus.
EXPLORE THE SOUTH COAST
during an epic three-day trip to get close to kangaroos and wallabies, and get a rare introduction to aboriginal culture.
STUDY ON A FRIENDLY, BEAUTIFUL BEACH-TOWN CAMPUS
in easy reach of Sydney.
MAXIMIZE LEARNING BEYOND THE CLASSROOM
with the help of staff with advanced degrees in experiential education.
Excursions & Activities
- Hike and rappel in the World Heritage-listed Blue Mountains, where you’ll see scenic waterfalls and some of the more than 400 different creatures that live here.
- Get your toes wet with a surfing lessons or watch an Australian Football League or Aussie Rules match.
- Hike a sacred mountain with an insightful aboriginal guide, stay in beachfront cabins surrounded by a stunning national park – it’s all part of a blockbuster three-day excursion to the New South Wales coast.
- Look for kangaroos, lizards, and wallabies with insights from an Australian bush naturalist, and spot dolphins and whales offshore.
Internships. We’re happy to help you find an internship that provide hands-on professional experience, but options are limited, so speak up soon!
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring||2020||10/15/2019 **||Rolling Admission||02/22/2020||06/27/2020|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.