|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Fields of Studies:||Art, Biology, Business Administration, Communications, Computer Science, Cultural Studies, Economics, Engineering, History, International Relations, International Studies, Literature, Mathematics, Philosophy, Political Science, Religion|
|Language of Instruction:||English, Korean||Experiential Learning:||URI Affiliated Program|
|Class Standing:||2. Sophomore, 3. Junior, 4. Senior|
Recognized by UNESCO for outstanding design yet firmly rooted in ancient traditions, Seoul is full of intrigue and inspiration for students of arts and sciences. You’ll find it easy to make the most of the city’s live-wire environment, with access to Korean culture through the Seoul Mates program, university clubs, a variety of unforgettable excursions, and our dedicated team to guide you at every step.
SELECT FROM 1000
courses in English across many disciplines including STEM; opt to boost language skills and take Korean taught at all levels
EXPERIENCE KOREAN LIFE
and spend a weekend with a local family or even the entire semester in a homestay
MAKE INSTANT KOREAN FRIENDS
with the CIEE Seoul Mates program
Excursions & Activities
- Discover the meaning of lions in Buddhism at Hwaomsa Temple, explore tea fields at Mt. Jirisan, watch a mask-dance drama unfold at Hahoe Village in Andong, harvest salt on a remote island, or see more of South Korea with similar excursions.
- Visit ancient temples, museums, and historic sites.
- See the notorious Korean Demilitarized Zone.
- Relish the natural beauty of a national park.
- Get a taste of family life with a short homestay of one or two nights.
- Take advantage of our Cultural Reimbursement program, designed to support you while you see movies, traditional performances, and visit museums and heritage sites.
- Volunteer. Show appreciation while you connect with members of local communities. Teach English to refugees or seniors, help with activities for students with disabilities, care for orphaned infants, and more.
- Connect with local Korean students through our Seoul Mates program. Get to know the city, language, culture, and customs with the help of students trained by CIEE to help with orientation, organize social events, host workshops, and more.
- University clubs. Join one of the many clubs and service groups open to international students. Options include music, dance, art, photography, martial arts, hiking, sports, service groups, and many more.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Two-week orientation – an introduction to Korean culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.