|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||3.0||Fields of Studies:||Anthropology, Business Administration, Communications, Cultural Studies, History, Literature, Religion|
|Language of Instruction:||Arabic||Experiential Learning:||URI Affiliated Program|
|Class Standing:||2. Sophomore, 3. Junior|
Amman, the capital and most populous city of Jordan, is the country's economic, political and cultural center. The city's breathtaking skyline is continuously transformed with the entrance of new industry. Your fluency and confidence will soar as you study the history and literature of this area in classes taught in Arabic. Excursions and volunteer opportunities supplement the cultural immersion for those looking to truly advance their Arabic language skills.
TAKE DAY EXCURSIONS
to famous archaeological sites, or an overnight trip to the Rose-Red City of Petra.
SLEEP IN TENTS
in the middle of the desert while exploring the natural wonders of the region.
SEE FILMS, LECTURES, AND EXHIBITS
all in the the target language of Arabic.
Excursions & Activities
- Take part in a mid-semester rural retreat in the Jordan Valley or the south of Jordan.
- Visit Jordan’s archaeological, historical, and natural wonders - all with Arabic-speaking guides.
- Work with a faculty mentor and develop Arabic writing skills through an advanced writing and an optional research course.
- Volunteering:“Adopt” an elementary school in a rural community, renovating the building while getting to know the children.
- Some Meals (for those in Homestays)
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- One week orientation – an introduction to the culture of Jordan, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city.
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city.
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring||2020||10/15/2019 **||Rolling Admission||01/26/2020||05/15/2020|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.