|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
|Fields of Studies:||Business Administration, Communications, Cultural Studies, Engineering, Sociology||Language of Instruction:||Spanish|
|Experiential Learning:||URI Affiliated Program||Class Standing:||3. Junior|
What’s the best way to make your rock-solid Spanish language skills even stronger? Head for Seville, where you’ll earn credits alongside Spanish students at top universities. With majestic cathedrals, royal palaces, and tantalizing fare everywhere, you’ll find context and inspiration to advance your language skills and liberal arts studies. Nearly always in the sun, Seville is a warm, welcoming place to absorb Spain’s unique culture and challenge yourself to reach for and meet new goals.
EXPLORE A NEW PLACE, TASTE, OR
experience every week, with activities and excursions that illuminate everything you’re learning.
BECOME IMMERSED IN SEVILLE
with courses alongside local Spanish peers at the local Spanish universities
and discover one of the most beautiful and cosmopolitan cities in Europe, Lisbon, during a three-day guided excursion to Portugal.
Excursions & Activities
- Practice your language skills with Spanish university students during a special language immersion day that includes group activities and games, presentations, one-to-one conversation, food and drinks.
- Discover the treasures of Córdoba and Cádiz.
- Get a taste of Portugal, with a three-day guided visit to Lisbon.
- Try your hand at Spanish cooking – tapas anyone?
- Unwind and get a different perspective on a kayaking tour.
- Join in flamenco lessons, check out Seville’s alternative cinemas, and more. New activities are always on offer.
- Explore a medieval castle.
- Get above it all with a hike in the Sierra Norte.
- Volunteer. Get to know the people of Seville better – and say gracias for your stay by volunteering with humanitarian organizations and teaching opportunities.
- Conversation exchange program. Socialize with Spanish peers while you improve your skills by leaps and bounds.
- University activities. Students can join in with a range of activities and outings – choir, hiking, sports, etc. – offered by our host universities.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- One-week orientation – an introduction to Spanish culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.