|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
|Fields of Studies:||Anthropology, Archaelogy, Art History, Communications, Cultural Studies, Economics, Film, History, Literature, Philosophy, Political Science, Religion, Sociology||Language of Instruction:||French|
|Experiential Learning:||URI Affiliated Program||Class Standing:||4. Senior|
In international Brussels – the heart of Europe – you're perfectly positioned to embrace university life like European students do. Take your advanced French skills even further, get a front row seat to explore Belgian politics and culture, and take advantage of full access to the curriculum at prestigious Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB).
See more of the region with day trips to Bruges, Tournai or Liège, and Luxembourg. Take a three-day excursion to France to explore coastal Normandy or Alsace on the Swiss border. Get involved on campus by joining a student club or taking advantage of sports facilities. Explore favorites like Brussels Museum of Fine Arts and one of Belgium's celebrated chocolate factories.
with coursework taught in French, in topics ranging from film to political science.
LEARN BEYOND THE CLASSROOM
With visits to Bruges, Tournai or Liège, Normandy and Luxembourg.
JUMP INTO CAMPUS LIFE
with the help of ULB student mentors.
Excursions & Activities
- See more of the region with day trips to Bruges, Liège, Tournai, and Luxembourg.
- Check out urban graffiti with a special tour, or experience a Belgian-style Mardi Gras parade.
- Take a three-day excursion to France to explore coastal Normandy or Alsace on the German border.
- Get involved on campus by joining a student club or taking advantage of sports facilities.
- Explore favorites like Brussels Museum of Fine Arts and one of Belgium's celebrated chocolate factories.
Internships. Get credit and on-the-job experience in communications, business, or international affairs. Possibilities include helping a member of the European Parliament, promoting citizen's rights, or preparing an exhibit for the Royal Museum.
Mentoring. ULB has a well-designed student network. CIEE students can tap in, connect in classes, and ease into campus life with mentoring established between CIEE and the university.
Café conversations. Bi-weekly, students can meet with ULB students at a local café to practice conversing in French.
Tandem learning. ULB's program pairs students with Belgian students to foster language learning and participation in social activities. Students earn get credit for this.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Three-day orientation – an introduction to Belgian culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring||2020||10/15/2019 **||Rolling Admission||02/03/2020||06/26/2020|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.