|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Fields of Studies:||Anthropology, Art History, Biology, Business Administration, Chemistry, Education, Geography, History, International Relations, Law, Literature, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology|
|Language of Instruction:||Spanish||Experiential Learning:||URI Affiliated Program|
|Class Standing:||3. Junior|
Take advantage of your advanced Spanish language skills by exploring advanced topics in international relations, literature, sciences, and more, alongside Spanish classmates in this cosmopolitan city. Both edgy and traditional, lively Barcelona offers endless sites and experiences – each a new opportunity to enhance fluency and interact with city dwellers. A variety of outings and trips beyond the city make your understanding of this diverse region complete – and unforgettable.
LEAN ON YOUR CIEE GUARDIAN ANGEL
a Spanish peer ready to help you settle into your new life and meet friends at University of Barcelona.
BITE INTO BARCELONA CULTURE
with small-group cooking lessons, tours, and tapas night.
GAIN VALUABLE EXPERIENCE
and put your talents to good use with an internship. You might update a website for the Centre for Discourse Studies or man the Language Lab at the 'Centro de Autoaprendizaje de Lenguas' at UB.
Excursions & Activities
- See Barcelona from new heights with a hike and excursion to Collserola.
- Travel to a Spanish city of cultural and historical significance.
- Get to know Spanish students with UB conversation exchanges.
- Take day trips to must-see destinations, such as La Garrotxa National Park, the Dalí museum in Figueres, Greek and Roman ruins in Empúries, or the Penedés wine region.
Gain valuable experience, put your talents to good use, and get a realistic feel for everyday life in Barcelona with an internship. Past students have updated the website for the Centre for Discourse Studies, managed the Language Lab at the Centro de Autoaprendizaje de Lenguas at UB; and helped staff in the UB Office of Mobility and International Programs.
Heritage Learners Track
With this option, students take Spanish for Heritage Learners and another CIEE culture course, in addition to three or four elective university courses, chosen from the entire Universitat de Barcelona curriculum. CIEE provides a list of recommended courses.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Three-day orientation – an introduction to Spanish culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.