Programs > Brochure
Zhejiang University (Exchange)
Hangzhou, China (Exchange Program) (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||URI applicants only|
|Fields of Studies:||Business Administration, Chinese, Engineering||Language of Instruction:||English, Mandarin|
|Experiential Learning:||URI Internship||Class Standing:||1. Freshman, 2. Sophomore, 3. Junior, 4. Senior, 5. Graduate, 6. Non Traditional|
Students in the Chinese IEP / IBP spend the Fall semester enrolled as a full-time student at Zhejiang University (ZJU) in Hangzhou, China. Following their time immersed as an exchange student, students conduct a six-months professional internship / research project at a major global engineering / business firm.
Click here to access the ZJU Homepage
Frequently Asked Questions
Money Tips Outlined by ZJU
Click here to learn about Hangzhou
ACADEMICS & ACCOMMODATIONSChinese IEP and Chinese Flagship students completing the overseas component of their IEP / Flagship exchange program will work closely with their C-IEP Director, Dr. Sigrid Berka (firstname.lastname@example.org), and/or their Chinese Language Flagship Program Coordinator, Ai-Chang Guo (email@example.com), and the URI Office of International Education in order to be admitted as an exchange student at a partner institution, secure an internship placement, and prepare for their time abroad.
*For information and guidance pertaining to program course offerings, housing accommodations, and host program application requirements - please contact C-IEP Director, Dr. Sigrid Berka (firstname.lastname@example.org), and/or Chinese Language Flagship Program Coordinator, Ai-Chang Guo (email@example.com).
PROGRAM COSTEstimated Cost of Attendance Per Semester: $10,631
Note: Please view the budget sheet for itemized cost details.
URI APPLICATION PROCESSURI students will have two separate applications to complete, an application with URI as well as an application with the host exchange partner university. Please contact your URI Program Sponsor to learn about the host university's application requirements and timeline. Below outlines the application deadlines for the mandatory URI application. Students must first complete the URIAbroad 'Pre-Decision Phase' prior to sending any application materials to the host exchange program.
URI Eligibility Requirements:
- Be in good social standing
- Subject to the URI Student Policies & IEP Year Abroad Program Policies
- All URI students participating on one of the University's direct exchange programs must be formally enrolled within the equivalent of a minimum of 12 US credits (24 ECTS credits) per semester to maintain their full-time student matriculation status.
|Semester||'Pre-Decision' Deadline||'Post-Decision' Deadline|
|Fall Semester||April 1st||May 1st|
International Engineering Program (IEP) Students
⇒ To visit the Chinese IEP program webpage Click here
⇒ To access the IEP Staff Directory webpage Click here
⇒ IEP Student Resources (including scholarships) Click here
- URI e-Mail: Although participants are not physically on the URI campus, they should monitor their URI e-mail and e-Campus account on a regular basis and address billing, FAFSA, holds, etc. in a timely manner.
- Change of Status: In the event of program cancellation, changes to the intended plan of study, reduction in course load, program relocation, or any other status change, students must notify their respective academic departments as well as the Office of International Education.
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Copyright © 2015 University of Rhode Island.